[pp.int.general] Invitation PPI Conference Paris 12th/13th of April

Thijs Markus thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl
Fri Mar 28 12:50:24 CET 2014

Quasi-legalities aside, this 5 week notice for a yearly event shouldn't
be that hard to accomplish.

And despite the late notice, there is still not much information to be
found...

Board candidates: Gregory, the only candidate.

Statutes Amendments: Apparently Nuno of ppp put in some work here, and
these two proposals deserve some discussion and deliberation. 5 weeks
would have been nice for that. Also, with the required 4 week notice to
make such a proposal, that 5 week notice is rather essential should
other people have plans too.

Other proposals: empty

No offence, but looking at this, wouldn't it be more appropriate to
reschedule this GA in some 6 weeks, so it can be done properly? If only
because at this point only there is only one known candidate, and I'd
like far more than an odd week to inform myself about the alternatives.

This will be another last minute rush of candidates and proposals, and
horribly uninformed decision making, after which naught will come of it.
This modus operandi has not served PPI, and prevented PPI from serving
us for the past years. We need these 5 weeks to have space for
discussions on the future of PPI, to give the room this GA needs to
become significant, if anyone still believes in it.