[pp.int.general] Invitation PPI Conference Paris 12th/13th of April

Stephen Ogden s.ogden at pirateparty.org.uk
Fri Mar 28 13:12:38 CET 2014

It should not be too much to ask that the organisation respects its members enough
to follow the rules that the members have agreed.

To be fair there is also an onus on each member to hold the Board to account. If
enough members allow the rules to slide for the sake of convenience (and this can be
very tempting and doesn't mean there are bad intentions) then the rules are
meaningless and the members are to blame. If the members fail over and over to
demand the rules are followed, can we really blame a Board for not respecting those
rules?

I know Andrew can be very quick to jump on PPI failings, and it is very very
inconvenient that he exposes each and every failing so clearly. It interesting that
when he does so that instead of hanging our heads in shame for letting those
failings happen and fixing them, there is a temptation to find any excuse to argue
against the /way/ he points it out, rather than deal with the failings themselves.
It is hard to be wrong and to admit it. Harder to not want to admit it and have
someone keep on shouting about it.

We need a solution to Andrew's inconvenient truths. My suggestion is we follow the
rules. That ought to shut him up.

  Stephen Ogden
  Governor of the Board - Pirate Party UK
  Pirate Party UK is a political party registered with the Electoral Commission.