[pp.int.general] Invitation PPI Conference Paris 12th/13th of April

Nuno Cardoso nuno.cardoso at pp-international.net
Fri Mar 28 23:00:52 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Zbigniew Łukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Nuno Cardoso
> <nuno.cardoso at pp-international.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Andrew Norton <ktetch at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Just as a point of order, isn't this a bit late?
> >>
> >> Statutes say"
> >> (Statute IX(7) Meetings of the General Assembly will be announced at
> >> least five weeks prior to the meeting. The invitation will be sent out
> >> by the Board to all Members and published on the homepage of Pirate
> >> Parties International website."
> >>
> >> it's now just over TWO, not 5.
> >

> > FYI:
> >
> > "announcement" was made months ago when Paris was chosen, and you can
> track
> > the full history of that "announcement" as it is "published on the
> homepage
> > of Pirate Parties International website" here:
> >
> http://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Conference_2014&action=history
>
> So for you "homepage" means just any page at the website?
>
> This does not sound persuasive for me, for me homepage is
> http://www.pp-international.net/ and there until today there was
> nothing on the conference. And it also does not look like a super
> tricky case that needs Court of Arbitration to tell.

You are absolutely correct, my mistake, in the copy/paste the last word
"website" must have stuck in my mind.
Anyway, what needs to be in the "homepage" is the "invitation", not the
"announcement" which is just in the "website"

By the way the requirement that  "The invitation will be sent out by
> the Board to all Members" is super ambiguous - and if we get into
> disputes on what this means exactly - then we would probably really
> need Court of Arbitration. But that is another thing.

Ambiguous indeed but although XIVa(6) "The Court of Arbitration may answer
the preliminary questions of the organs and individuals about the
interpretation of the Statutes and the internal regulations; such answers
act through their persuasiveness only", so it is again up to everyone to
stick to their opinion or be "persuaded" to agree with whatever decision of
interpretation they take, but no-one is "obliged" to agree or be bound to
act by their answer.
Ultimately only one organ can solve this ambiguity: IX(1) The General
Assembly is the supreme body of Pirate Parties International and is
composed of all the Members of that association"

Pirate regards,
Nuno