[pp.int.general] Board candidature

Patrick Godschalk patrick.godschalk at piratenpartij.nl
Sat Mar 29 04:37:44 CET 2014

Since the wiki is broken I am unable to add this there. Board,
please do this for me as you are required to as per the
information currently on the wiki. For transparancy sake, I am
including a copy to the general mailing list, and my own party's
board, member council , international coordination and general
mailing list.

This candidature is valid for any and all board positions:
co-chairperson, board member and alternate board member.

-------

*Name and nicks*:
Patrick "Argure" Godschalk

*Sponsor*:
I'll let you know, I'm sure there are plenty of PP's that want to
support this. You know, the ones that are actually still *Pirate*
Parties.

*Member of Pirate Party*:
Piratenpartij (The Netherlands)

*Qualifications*:
- I'm very good at telling when someone is actively bullshitting
this organisation.
- I'm also very good at getting those people to stop doing that.
- I'm Dutch, which means I'm always either drunk or high - and
therefore good fun! This is obviously a lie.
- I realise that I can just write whatever the bloody hell I want
in here since most people won't even check these.
- On that note, I have a PhD in creativology.
- I'm not at all narcissistic or cynical. I do not know the
meaning of sarcasm.
- I will love you long time. ( ⊙‿⊙)

*Languages*:
C, Perl, zsh. I also do Python when I'm feeling masochistic. Oh,
and I can say ARRRR really loud!

*Motivation and political background*:
See, this is where it gets interesting. I actually have a serious
motivation for doing this, despite the cynical and somewhat
humourous first paragraphs here. And that motivation is simple.
It's an important one so let me place it on it's own line just so
people read it better:

You do NOT. Fucking. "Announce". A GA *TWO WEEKS* before it
actually starts.

I mean come on, this is some A+++ stand-up bullshit going on here
that I expect from 'liberals', but not from a Pirate Party. Or at
least, I don't want to expect this. So, my motivation for my
candidature is simple.

1. I refuse to acknowledge the validity of this GA in the
interest of the member parties that are not the in-crowd of
Gregory Engels.
2. If this GA still happens, elect me to the board in whatever
position and I will immediately move to declare this GA null and
void.
3. After which, I will immediately step down as board member
because I have no actual interest in being one.

If I am unable to declare the GA null and void, I will simply not
do anything as a board member other than righteously 'abuse' this
position to actually fucking *inform* the member parties of shit
like this. And any other board member who in that case would have
a problem with this can cordially go fuck themselves.

And yes, in case it needs explaining, despite writing this on a
cynical and highly frustrated note, - I am *dead serious* about
this candidature with this specific motivation.

*Contact info*:
Argure on IRC. If you're wondering which network, I'm on pretty
much most of them, just pick one at random. You can also mail me
at patrick.godschalk at piratenpartij.nl but honestly, I read my
mail maybe once a week at most.

Oh, by the way, I will not be in Paris (ironically, due to not
being able to afford tickets on such short notice).

My seal of authenticity: ( ≖‿≖)
--
Patrick Godschalk
patrick.godschalk at piratenpartij.nl
This e-mail, CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication