[pp.int.general] Cooperation with NGOs

mattias.bjarnemalm at piratpartiet.se mattias.bjarnemalm at piratpartiet.se
Sun Mar 30 03:06:32 CEST 2014

Hi Zbigniew,

We interact with all of those NGOs (and more: EDRI, Access, Access info,
IFLA among others) in our work in Brussels. Most of them are very
positive about our work in the parliament, and Count us as an inside
ally. We have, as an example, had people from all of those organisations
as panelists at events we've hosted in the European parliament. But at
the same time they want to be seen as non partisan and therefore they
sometimes try to distance themselves from us to be more credible when
interacting with other political groupings.

And sometimes it is as simple as bad personal Chemistry that make one or
Another NGO activist dislike pirates.

But overall we have good contacts with them and as long as we stay in
the European parliament we can probably count on staying on good terms
with the NGO sector. If nothing I Think the PPEU-Conference proved as
much. The vast majority of the panelists came from NGOs and academia
positive to our cause.

/Mab