[pp.int.general] This mailing list is a limited and fragile resource

Antonio Garcia ningunotro at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 12:52:20 CEST 2014

I for once would agree with this... a one mail per 24h limit.

It would force people to really THINK about what they post, and I am all in favour of MORE THINKING in the Movement.

Still... there are too many people that would take this LITERALLY as a blanket permission to post one idiocy a day... and we would get really swamped by many once-a-day-spam that would flood the list anyway.

There MUST be rational criteria to ban for longer periods evaluating the level of idiocy of messages in the context of the conversation they disrupt.

Because there is a cognitive bias that makes everyone believe the level of his own messages is always well within the allowed limits... so self-censure is not efficient if most of the swarm is not smart enough and tends towards idiocracy (trying to censor longer and intellectually crafted messages as harmful for the self-esteem of the deciding majority).