[pp.int.general] EU: Consulatation to patents has started

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:42:13 CEST 2014

Hi all,

This consultation is not about patents per se, but about the required
conditions for licensing of patents.

For instance:

-- There should be publicly available registries over patent licenses.
These should not be database rights protected, so that aggregation
services are made possible. This is to ensure that there is better
transparency of actually who has the right to sue whom - because this is
presently a big problem!!!!
-- There should also be a mandated public disclosure by customs
authorities over what patents they have been instructed to guard in
imports/exports activities for the European Union. Again with same
conditions: all such databases made available must be based on open
standards, and be publicly available and the EU should encourage
aggregation services for these lists. This is to ensure that customs
authorities don't make wrongful seizures, and that the legitimacy of the
injunction measures can be adequately challenged.

-- There needs to be a system for challenging instructions by patent
owners to customs authorities that they guard and seize materials that
cross the border. This is to ensure that the more than 3000 per year
wrongful seizures done by customs authorities are decreased in numbers.

Etc.

best regards,

Amelia