[pp.int.general] Pirate Party MEP Fails to Deliver True Copyright Reform | TorrentFreak

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Mon Feb 9 13:16:20 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 09:18:09AM +0000, michael john sinclair wrote:
> Hmm a Pirat sujesting censorship.We sail pirateships not censorships.

Bullshit. Saying that you are supposed to discuss in the appropriate
place and in a fair manner compared to all other Pirates is not
censorship. It is INTRODUCING FAIRNESS in the Pirate discourse.

Calling any form of civilized behaviour "censorship" is the
logical fallacy that has been toppling the Pirate movement
time and time again.

> >> As far as telling people that they're not allowed to criticize
> >> each other: badness.
> > Don't say things that aren't written there. Read carefully.
>
> On 27-1-2015 14:18, carlo von lynX wrote:
> > It may seem way too late now, but I would propose to create the
> > necessary decisional platform for the Pirate Movement to
> > collectively pass a regulation for ALL Pirate Parties to **forbid
> > individuals from criticizing Pirate representatives via the public
> > media** UNLESS there has been a legitimate collective process that
> > comes to the conclusion that parliamentary XY has been acting
> > outside the Pirate consensus.

Do you understand "VIA THE PUBLIC MEDIA" ?

Do you understand that freedom of expression allows you to say
you are homophobic or racist.. but that is likely to no longer
find acceptance in the Pirate movement. So you have a constitutional
right of freedom of expression, but it doesn't mean you can exercise
it within the pirate party, because then you are an a**hole.

Same goes for the right to criticize people within the movement.
You have a constitutional right to do it using unfair means, but
that doesn't mean we have to like you and keep you as a member in
the movement.

I think this type of superficial populism that has been exposed
by the recent postings on this list is a serious threat to the
future of the Pirate movement. We need more people who are
rationally advanced enough to understand the mistakes in logic.