[pp.int.general] Pirate Party MEP Fails to Deliver True Copyright Reform | TorrentFreak

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:29:09 CET 2015

Hmm - I would like to see a more thorough analysis of that. In
particular how this harmonization would apply to countries like Poland
(and I think Spain and some others) that have quite broad exceptions.
For example in Poland we can freely share copyrighted materials with
friends and there is also nothing that clearly forbids downloading
copyrighted materials, this is quite complex with many conflicting
interpretations - but it is mostly assumed that downloading materials
even if they are published by someone who is not the copyright holder
is legal in Poland. When the laws will be harmonized I pretty sure
they close this - because it is a kind of loophole.

It would be ironic if our freedoms in Poland were taken from us in the
effect of a directive proposed by a Pirate MEP.

Cheers,
Zbigniew Łukasiak

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Chris Monteiro
<c.monteiro at pirateparty.org.uk> wrote:
> Not happy seeing Amelia publicly attacking Julia.
>
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 10:55 AM, michael john sinclair
> <mickeyy_sinclair at yahoo.de> wrote:
>> I see this as political tactics, its better too get a piece of the cake,as
>> too get no cake at all.
>> if julia demanded to much it will get rejected as a whole. this way we get a
>> foot in the door.
>>

>> Cal. <peppecal at gmail.com> schrieb am 11:46 Sonntag, 25.Januar 2015:
>>

>> http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-party-mep-fails-to-deliver-true-copyright-reform-150125/
>>
>> I did not read the report (and I understand why harmonizing eu
>> copyright is a powerful double edged sword, and I understand what
>> compromising is). But I do indeed feel that as a very heated post.
>>
>> What the fuck is happening?

Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/
http://perlalchemy.blogspot.com/