[pp.int.general] Pirate Party MEP Fails to Deliver True Copyright Reform | TorrentFreak

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:30:25 CET 2015

Unfortunately there is little choice. Julia's report is cautious and
disingenous. She is actually hindering the European Commission from
being as reformist as the Commission wants to be.

It is a sad day when it is the Pirate, out of all MEPs, that hinders the
European Comission from going ahead with the copyright reform.

It is my understanding that Julia has knowingly diverged from the Party
program. I advise you to reach the programme developed by the PPEU
members for the election:
https://europeanpirates.eu/common-european-election-programme

When the European Commission is better prepared to represent the
European public than Julia Reda is, I think that there is cause to be
concerned with the general fabric of European democracies. I advise you
to read the European Commission's report from the consultation which
Julia has used to gain much legitimacy:

http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2013/copyright-rules/docs/contributions/consultation-report_en.pdf

It is my understanding that Julia Reda is knowingly out of the sync with
the Pirate movement, that additionally the European Commission /is not/,
and that Julia Reda is hindering the European Commission from stretching
their boundaries by being politically restrictive. Effectively, we are
seeing a European Commission with their hands tied because the /pirate
party/ was not able to bring itself to giving them space for reform. Our
only hope now is that MEPs with more backbone are able to re-insert
actionable space for the European Commission, but we are running the sad
risk that Monday January 20 was "peak reform", and that lobbyism will
ensure that it is all downhill from here.