[pp.int.general] Pirate Party MEP Fails to Deliver True Copyright Reform | TorrentFreak

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Tue Jan 27 14:18:48 CET 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 12:30:25PM +0100, Amelia Andersdotter wrote:
> Unfortunately there is little choice. Julia's report is cautious and
> disingenous. She is actually hindering the European Commission from
> being as reformist as the Commission wants to be.

This is an interesting point we should have debated collectively and
given Julia guidance in due time. How have you reached out to her?
How have you reached out for the Pirate movement to give feedback?
Should we have founded a PP-EU Working Group on Copyright to dissect
these points? Should we have deliberated an official European Pirates
position on a euroliquid platform that by shameful events hasn't been
instantiated?

One thing I know for sure is that having one of the last prominent
figures in the Pirate movement publicly criticizing another of the
last prominent figures by communicating via the media has been
exactly the sort of problem resolution strategy that has driven the
popularity of the Piratenpartei below the surface. Public squabbles
is seen in the population as the main reason to not take us seriously.

It may seem way too late now, but I would propose to create the
necessary decisional platform for the Pirate Movement to collectively
pass a regulation for ALL Pirate Parties to forbid individuals from
criticizing Pirate representatives via the public media UNLESS there
has been a legitimate collective process that comes to the conclusion
that parliamentary XY has been acting outside the Pirate consensus.

What do you think of that?

--
	    http://youbroketheinternet.org
 ircs://psyced.org/youbroketheinternet