[pp.int.general] Conflict of interest between national parties and PPI

mattias.bjarnemalm at piratpartiet.se mattias.bjarnemalm at piratpartiet.se
Sun Mar 8 11:25:31 CET 2015

For clarification:

The CEEP contained zero content not previously supported by the Swedish
Pirate Party. I took great pains to ensure that it was considered line
by line by our entire board, whose 15 members are entrusted to interpret
policy in the name of the party. That resulted in some major cuts in the
original proposal. Other cuts was asked for by other parties, so I
assume that some, if not all, of the other parties took a similar
approach to the text.

With that said it is entirely beyond me how anyone could think that
passing a motion containing a political declaration in the PPI at this
time would be a sensible thing to do. But as the Swedish pirate party
never have been a member of PPI, that is not really a concern of ours.

Best regards,

Mab

PPSE

On 2015-03-07 21:08, thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl wrote:

> Is it truely unneccesary now Zby?
>
> Take for example this motion:
>
> http://wiki.pp-international.net/Online_GA_2015/Motions#MO-1_Access_to_medicine [1] put forward by PPDE.
>
> This motion is to the best of my knowledge and a look on the german website, not a part of PPDE program, or even considered relevant in their public outings. I might not have googled thoroughly enough, but aside from a wiki discussiion I didn't find much.
>
> I dont see the international community calling out for a broad discussion on the standing of alternative medicine either. I see the concerns being raised are of a decidingly different nature.
>
> This looks a lot like classic policy laundry by diplomats. It's how we get nice treaties like TTIP: Tell your own country you represent the wishes of the 'international community' (your circle of friends who hold a similar position in their own countries). Tell the international community you represent your country (the people who you've manouvered yourself in a position to represent, on paper). Classic man in the middle position. Even this semblance should be sufficient reason to seperate the two functions. Remember how CEEP carried a lot of things not previously supported by any particular party?

Links:
------
[1]
http://wiki.pp-international.net/Online_GA_2015/Motions#MO-1_Access_to_medicine