[pp.int.general] Invitation PPI General Assembly in Łódź/Poland - 04th/05th of July 2015

Thomas Gaul thomas.gaul at pp-international.net
Sat May 30 18:36:18 CEST 2015

Dear Pirates,

we would like to invite you to the 2015 Pirate Parties International General
Assembly which will be held on July 4th and 5th in Łódź, Poland.

During this conference, the General Assembly - PPI's highest body - will
decide upon
 * the admittance of new members to the PPI,
 * elect a new board and
 * discuss and vote on amendments to the PPI statutes.

Venue:
University Łódź, Wydział Fizyki i Informatyki Stosowanej, Pomorska 149,
90-236 Łódź/Poland - http://www.ftj.agh.edu.pl/indexe.html

The preliminary timetable can be found at the end of this message.

Workshop: Emerging Issues for PPI concerning other NGO's
Being accredited to WTO as the first international organization recognizing
PPI it is about time to discuss the approch for a way forward to other
organizations world wide. Knowing that e.g. net neutrality is to be
(re-)established and other burning issues are on the table we need give it a
common and joint approach. These includes the interactivity between PPI its
member organizations.

A straight forward discussion about these issues will be on Saturday - the
results to be presented at the General Assembly and if these are ripe for a
common way, being voted thereupon.

Everybody welcome
Each PPI member can register up to 6 persons as official delegates (PPI
Statutes IX.4), but all Pirates and interested persons are very welcome to
join as guests.

Delegates: Please follow Rules of Procedure
According to the standing Rules of Procedure, all local and remote delegates
must present written authorization from a member of their respective board
unless they are designated International Coordinator or equivalent on  their
parties official website. Each person may represent as a delegate  no more
than 2 parties. (PPI RoP Art.1 §4) We kindly ask the delegates  to present
such accreditation in advance, in order to speed up the  conference
proceeding. This is especially true for remote delegations, as we would like
to connect you with your designated local proxy for technical set-up.

Registration
To register for the conference please fill in the form at
http://ppinternational.eventbrite.com or send in an email to conference (at)
pp-international.net

Participation fee
This time we do ask for a participation fee for the conference of 35 Euro
per person.

Official business
The  General Assembly will also elect a new board and other officers of PPI.
Candidates should either submit their application to
http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2015/Board_candidatures or
e-mail their application to board (at) pp-international (dot) net.

The deadline for submitting proposals for amendments to the PPI Statutes is
June 5th 23:59 CEST.

Please consult the submitted proposals at:
http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2015/Statutes_Amendments

Other motions do not have a deadline and can be found here:
http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2015/Other_proposals

For further information concerning the 2015 PPI conference you can visit
http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2015 or contact the Board at
board (at) pp-international (dot) net.

Kind regards,

on behalf of the Board of the PPI
Thomas Gaul
Chief Administrative Officer

==
Preliminary timetable:

03. July 2015 - Friday

19:00 - Social event

04. July 2015 - Saturday
General Assembly
09:00 Delegates accreditation
10:00 Opening of the General Assembly
10:30 Discussion
11:30 Workshop(s)
15:30 Discussion about the results

20:00 Social event

05. July 2015 - Sunday

10:00 Conference reopen

* Admittance of new PPI Members
* Reports PPI officers (board, court, lay auditors)
* Elections of PPI officers (board, court, lay auditors)
* Motions and Statutes Amendments
* Issue of statements
* Press Conference
18:00 Official Conference End

(*) all official events will be streamed