[pp.int.general] My thoughts at present

Raymond Johansen johansen.raymond2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:40:47 CET 2016

Thanks, James and Carlo. Really worthwhile spending a few minutes on your
thoughts. Truly.

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 at 13:22 carlo von lynX <lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 09:19:47AM -0400, James O'Keefe wrote:
> > I see robots as just another form of capital, and the question becomes
> what
> > happens if a larger and larger portion of production only requires
> capital
> > and raw materials and not labor? You really cannot divorce this process
> > from the 40 year march of neoliberalism and the increase in power of
> > capital over labor.
>
> Nice thought. Thx.
>
> > Personally, I find the belief that people should get a lump sum to care
> for
> > all of their needs (including health care and education) and leave them
> > the failings of the market for key areas like health care is a step
> > backward.  I would rather quality universal single payer health care
> before
> > a basic income, but then I live in the US.
>
> The idea that UBI can provide for health care is profoundly wrong.
> UBI is not designed to handle ethically legitimate spikes in need.
> I think I discussed this in my posts mentioned beforehand, and I
> think none of the Pirate Parties have promoted such injust and
> unethical Milton Friedman style models of UBI. If that is the only
> UBI you have heard of until now, disinformation and manipulation
> is having its way!
>
> On 10/26/2016 12:21 AM, Paul Tidwell wrote:
> > I am enjoying your owning of Milton Friedman and the neoliberal
> > ideologues. In particular because I signed up For Grantcoin and am
> > already receiving it but i'm trying to figure out how to get it set up
> > and people talk about how a UBI would be inflationary and would "erase"
> > all the benefits via the inflation mechanism but this is a really
> >  really dumb view of economics. One of the key problems I have with Econ
> > right now is most of the market that's out there as well as voting
> > public still essentially believes that Currency derives it's value from
> > it's scarcity as a currency and that's the only thing that generates the
> > actual value of the currency itself.  So essentially the Quantity theory
> > money is getting in the way and since most of the public uncritically
> > accepting the quantity theory of money they're voting as if it's true.
>
> I think legislative regulation is a lot more powerful than physical
> quantity. The only thing that hurts regulation is globalization, and
> that is a political problem: the limited ability of humanity to agree
> on common ethical and thus economical standards. It's a sociological
> problem and worldwide liquid democracy could be an experimental way
> to address it. Produce a platform that credibly and representatively
> deliberates for worldwide humanity. The credibility would come from
> the quality of the output which I would expect to be mind-bogglingly
> good as past experience has showed me.
>

> http://socialdemocracy21stcentury.blogspot.com/2010/07/quantity-theory-of-money-critique.html

> [...]
Global Pirate Activist
*Raymond Johansen | +47 911 35 863*
Board of Directors - Pirate Parties International
<http://pp-international.net/>
Board of Directors - Pirate Party of Norway <https://www.piratpartiet.no/>
International Coordinator - Pirate Party of Norway
Advisory Board Member - FreeAnons <https://freeanons.org/>
Human Rights & Privacy Activist
Hacktivist & Whistleblower support
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/RayJohansen> / Twitter
<https://twitter.com/RayJoha2> / Instagram - @Crypto_Pirate
<https://www.instagram.com/crypto_pirate>
Do you want to encrypt your mails with me?

Mail me at rayjoha at unseen.is - using this PGP
<http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xDE6EEF35C0F1C0E0>
public key <http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xDE6EEF35C0F1C0E0>