[pp.int.general] Achilles hæl á íslenska Píratar

Antonio Garcia ningunotro at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:59:39 CEST 2016

Dear contender in the icelandic general elections,

While it is hard to find arguments to counter the populistic message of the Icelandic Pirate Party because they have had not that much time to show failure in Iceland, they have failed to live up to their pretended standards of honesty and transparence in the context of the broader pirate movement. A movement that was already but a caricature of itself when Birgitta Jónsdóttir borrowed the "brand" for Iceland after realising that she had already burnt Borgarahreyfingin and Hreyfingin, and that the reorganisation of popular movements under the brand Dögun was going nowhere.

After the Pirates conquered in extremis three seats in Althingi, I wrote an openhearted mail to Birgitta Jónsdóttir extensively describing the situation in the Pirate International. About how they had ignored all their own Statutes and Rules, populistically driven by a big childish majority and herded by a few ethicless career seekers.

Sadly, she has chosen to side with the childish populists... and completely ignore the childishness abused in pirate matters, just as the blackmail of some populists and the heavy corruption of the career seekers.

The mail I sent her was very detailed and explicit, so her silence can be interpreted in no other way than explicit too.

You can judge about the severity of the case reading it yourself as reproduced on my blog:

https://samedokan.wordpress.com/2016/05/20/can-doing-nothing-be-the-future-of-democracy/

Further information about the context can be found at:

https://samedokan.wordpress.com/2013/09/02/klarmachen-zum-kentern/ (in English)

https://samedokan.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/when-pirates-do-prefer-censorship/

Antonio García García

Former board member of the Spanish Pirate Party.

When Pirates DO prefer CENSORSHIP | SameDoKan<https://samedokan.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/when-pirates-do-prefer-censorship/>
samedokan.wordpress.com
No answer forthcoming in 20 days... I guess they do not want to bother about the issue before the elections are over and crime has paid. So I have to BLOW THE WHISTLE.

Klarmachen zum Kentern! | SameDoKan<https://samedokan.wordpress.com/2013/09/02/klarmachen-zum-kentern/>
samedokan.wordpress.com
Dear German and International press: As a pirate who lives by the values enshrined in the Pirate Codex ( http://wiki.pirates-without-borders.org/Codex ) I believe the ...

Can "doing nothing" be the future of democracy? | SameDoKan<https://samedokan.wordpress.com/2016/05/20/can-doing-nothing-be-the-future-of-democracy/>