[pp.int.general] PP-IT Statutes & pan-organizational Structures WG

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Mon Oct 16 14:38:40 CEST 2017

I wanted to answer in private, but hotmail doesn't like mail from me.

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 07:45:27PM +0000, Antonio Garcia wrote:
> Not having any respect for logic and ethic is not just a little small deficiency... it is having nothing solid to build and expand upon, as pirates. You're not paying attention to THAT, then any improvement and lesson learned (what kind of?) is still utterly worthless.

We're researching the possibility of using legal+software to maximize
collective rationality, dealing with what you say here, right?
You can probably parse Italian partially, so here's the link:
    https://forum.partito-pirata.it/t/filosofia-della-democrazia-razionale-collettiva/1619

> Has your German Pirate Party with all those great contributors to the PPI board and functioning structures throughout the years found what lesson is to be learned from its last 0,37% miraculous results to the Bundestag elections?

No, the Germans are insisting on their losing recipe. I do understand
that each one of them has a different diagnosis on what is going
wrong, which means that the inability to come to a consensus persists
beyond the failure.

I'm with the Italians, but I'm also to blame. I did the work of
translating our Guidelines for Moderation, but didn't help Pakki
enough to turn it into a votable proposal for the BPT.

> I've had a look into the proposals for the next BPT and seen the candidates for the next board of directors... and I do not see a hint of any lessons learned, any will to improve.

Thanks for checking so I don't have to do it.

> What else do you think can be left to do but laughing at you?

Laughing at the wrong people? Feels good maybe, but
isn't solving anything. Also, when the day comes that
the behavioral deficits in the Pirate movement are
addressed, your condescending tones would be among
the first to be subject of moderation...

In fact, I candidated for the PPI CoA just to deal
with the tones on this mailing list, but I never
found out who has the admin password for it.

> Pirates are a complete failure, simple human mass dynamics made a kindergarten of them.

Yes, that's what our working group is about. Making
structures that resist the kindergarten effect.

Regarding corruption resistance: how would you describe
when a decision is being made by a thousand people instead
of one? Isn't that an example of corruption-resistant design?
Or are you convinced that a thousand can be corrupted just
as easily as a single one?