[pp.int.general] The 3 C's - good idea; short indroduction and some sugggestions

Ricardo Cristof Remmert-Fontes ricardo.cristof at remmert-fontes.de
Sun Dec 2 14:27:33 CET 2007

Hi!

I have written here before, but I forgot to introduce me, sorry.
I am in the core-team of the German working group on data retention
("AK Vorrat"), organizing the national protest against data retention
and other legal "cruelties".

I am also member of german pirates (Berlin) and will now get more
involved into the pirate work.
You will find my contact data and a short introduction here:
http://cristof.remmert-fontes.de (actually in german, I am afraid,
but with links to my civil society engagements, podium discussions,
public talks and workshops)

I would like to participate as well and I highly recommend the
suggestion of Andrew: we need representants at the UN and at other
stakeholder's meetings, such as WIPO (I mentioned that before), IGF etc.

So, a representation at the UN (New York), in Brussels and Geneva
would be good goal to work for. I agree with Jan Huwald, that a
secretary is the correct form

Beside my engagement in the AK Vorrat, I actually work on founding a
representation in Berlin, the residence of our national gouvernment.
Unfortunately, we lack of money for renting an office (we are still
looking for additional 500 EUR/month - I will pay about 100 EUR by
myself and the german Pirate Party may pay a little bit, too).

Because I plan to enter the european parliament in two years, I will
also enforce my engagement at the international pirates. If I may... :-D

Also, I help organizing the international pirate congress in January
(and a national NGO-conference on civil rights and privacy early
February - I need (unpaid) volunteers! *g*).

So, what are the next steps:

- identifiying the stakeholders (working) groups, we have to participate
-- UN
-- IGF
-- TACD
-- WIPO
- identifying the pirates, who may participate
- looking for funding/sponsoring/grants to pay that work
- get in contact with other lobby groups, civil society movements etc.
-- in Brussels, I am in contact with the european EFF representative
(Erik Joseffson (we will hold a talk about data retention and the
european legislation at the 24c3 in December in Berlin)
-- there are also good contacts to the FFII and some not so close to
the FSFE
-- also, EDRi is a good hook

Well, but we could talk about all that on sunday, the 9th ;-)

Regards,
Cristof
(Ricardo Cristof Remmert-Fontes

Am 02.12.2007 um 13:35 schrieb Jan Huwald:

> Thanks Andrew for kicking our butts ;-)
>
> Am Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007 18:33:26 schrieb Andrew Norton:
>> I'd like to propose then, a monthly
>> meeting of representatives from each national party, online, in
>> whatever
>> medium is most acceptable (although it seems the options are
>> limited to
>> IRC, Skype, and maybe mumble). The aim is to keep everyone
>> informed of
>> whats going on, giving others ideas we can work on and adapt for
>> ourselves.
>
> What do you think of next sunday (9.12.) for a first meeting? I
> propose IRC
> and Skype simultaneous. Please send your thoughts about date and time.
>

> Am Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007 20:15:53 schrieb Błażej Kaczorowski:
>> You mean some International Chairman - Leader ... i think election of
>> such person shoulbe be one of the points of Berlin meeting, what you
>> think?
>
> Currently I would prefer asecretary instead of a chairman. Unless
> we have a
> legal body, connected to the national parties a (legal) forespeaker
> has no
> use/power/whatever.
>
> At the moment the tasks would be primary firing up communication,
> coordinating
> meetings ando so ...
>
> actually Andrew would get my vote if the secretaries election would
> be today.
>

> Regards,
> Jan
> German PP

Viele Grüße,
Ricardo Cristof Remmert-Fontes

--
Arbeitskreis Vorratsdatenspeicherung
c/o Humanistische Union e.V.

Fon: +49-30-94881297
Fax: +49-700-25808789
Mobile: +49-170-2487266
Jabber: rcrf at jabber.org
E-Mail: rcrf at vorratsdatenspeicherung.de
Web: http://berlin.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de

My GnuPG-Key:
http://cristof.remmert-fontes.de/downloads/pgpkey_rcrf.zip
Key-ID: 25038B2F
Fingerprint: 5EA8 EF99 1B99 04DF 70C8 5F6E 85BC CA54 2503 8B2F