[pp.int.general] Vienna meeting

Wybo Wiersma wybo at logilogi.org
Wed Jun 13 01:49:35 CEST 2007

> A big, big thanks to everybody who could come to Vienna, and to the
> people arranging this great event!

Same here, many thanks and hurray to the Austrian, and all other
pirate parties that were involved!

> > Next time we should not let anyone drag us into discussing a red
> > herring topic like software patents, the most irrelevant of all the
> > irrelevant EU dossiers. We lost a whole afternoon of scarce -and thus
> > valuable - time together.
>
> I tend to disagree here, and would like to explain further, as I think
> too many pirates consider it nonimportant. What we call "software
> patents" are not just patents on software, but also patents on business
> methods that can be supported by software. Basically it is patents on
> any idea that can be supported by, or implemented in, software. In the

(Fully agree, although I don't think discussing this now and here is a
very good idea ;-)

Wybo

--

::Student:
- Informatiekunde (computer linguistics, IR, webtech) and Philosophy

::Free Software and Open Source Developer:
- Active in the LogiLogi Foundation (foundation.logilogi.org)
- Active for the Dutch Pirate Party (piratenpartij.nl)
- http://www.LogiLogi.org, Cumulative, shared commenting, publication and
                           idea sharing: Where insight comes together...
- http://www.OgOg.org, RSS feed articles rating, a meritocracy...
- ComLinToo, a computational linguistics toolset written in Perl

::Being:
- In the world, wavy hair, go figure (http://nl.logilogi.org/HomE/WyboWiersma)