[pp.int.general] audio files of the talks

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 22:35:42 CEST 2007

On 16/06/07, Christof Leng <cl at piratenpartei.de> wrote:
> Amelia Andersdotter wrote:
> > I think that bringing up the US isn't necessarily the best thing to
> > do; just as the leftist movement, the pirate political movement may
> > very well be accused of being anti-american. Being "anti" the Best and
> > most Free, Democratic state in the world is not something we wish to
> > be.
> >
> Of course, the quote about avoiding "American mistakes" *must never* be
> used without context.

All things considered, I am not sure that there is a "right context"
or "acceptable context" for which there to be expressed an opinion
against American mistakes. Especially not, when as Rick states, we are
basically attacking the very economical system of the state we are
addressing.

I am confident that no one in the Pirate movement harbours resent, but
to avoid the skilled word twistery of those that would argue
intellectual property is indeed legitimate, I find it the best course
of action not to mention it at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-americanism

This may shine further light on my concerns.