[pp.int.general] Communication problem, real or perceived?

Jan Huwald jh at sotun.de
Fri Jun 22 13:02:26 CEST 2007

If you are in a hurry, read at least 2.1 and spread the word about!

1. monthly chat

1.1 During my (still ongoing) time in the board of the German pirate party I
learned to hate latenight  (open) discussions in IRC. Textchat is efficient
for voting, pasting text and ascii art. It behaves badly if it comes to
expressing long, complex statements in your foreign language.

1.2 As we are a global movement the time shift will erase every possible time
for a regular (!) meeting. Therefore I prefer email and urge you to simply
use it more intensiveley (and think about 2., 4.)

2. task forces

2.1 One the Vienna international conference we agreed on starting several task
forces (or international working groups). I think now it is the time to get
them running. I will promote them to the German pirates during our next
newsletter (approx betwean today and sunday). I will promote the int. wiki
page http://wiki.pp-international.net/Task_Forces as a concentration point
for all volunteers. I ask you to do so in your party, too!

2.2 Task forces should issue monthly reports on their progress

2.3 Task forces may reduce the neccesarity of getting all int. pirates
together by splitting up problems.

3. Re: press releases from the int. pirates: about a board of the int. pirates
we should continue to discuss. A part of this discussion will take place
within the Legal Team (one of the working groups), especially about election
details and how to form a legal body (or if, at all)

4. I agree that all parties should paste their press releases and important
movements wihtin their country to this mailinglist. For the later I suggest
regular digest. Hopefully I can motivate somebody to do this for Germany ..
Christoph Leng, how it is about you?

Regards,
Jan Huwald
Political Secretary, German Pirate Party