[pp.int.general] Fwd: stance on fairsharing / culture flatrate / levys

John Nilsson john.nilsson at piratpartiet.se
Tue Mar 27 18:12:37 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 12:50 +0200, Florian Hufsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we really need to get this discussion going asap.
>
> What is the official pirate party stance on levys?

PP Sweden don't support levies. The official position is that we demand
that levies on blank media is dropped. The main problem being that there
is no acceptable (non-integrity violating) way of ensuring that the
money is distributed fairly. Besides that we think that it's unjust to
tax people who use their blank media non-copyright regulated things. We
also think it's a problem that the "right" the levies are supposedly
paying for is hindered by the increasing use of DRM , so there's no
value coming from the money.

--
John Nilsson <john.nilsson at piratpartiet.se>
Piratpartiet