[pp.int.general] Any news in France?

Mårten Fjällström marten.fjallstrom at piratpartiet.se
Tue Nov 27 22:28:49 CET 2007

Good to hear that there is progress.

Some general observations: Not everybody gets along with each other. Sad
fact, but there it is. You can always try (and it is generally a good
strategy) to organise so that people can do different things and belong to
different executive subgroups. Then people who do not like each other can
co-exist without having to grate each other constantly.

I find our "Just do it"-policy in Sweden helpful in dismantling conflicts.
Few actions are really mutually exclusive. If you think that promoting the
party at the left wing seminar - then you do that. If you think organised
right wingers are the best audience - go get them. Are the politically
apathetical youth group hanging at the mall your idea of an easily
convinced voter and you have an idea as to how to convince them - just do
it. Need help or are unsure of your ideas greatness - check with other
pirates. But do not ask for permission!

Now that we have a small amount of common resources that can be
distributed (aka money) some conflicts start to arise on how to spend
them. As we go along we construct structures for resolving the conflicts.

But you always get situations where people get pissed at each other. Most
cases someone just leaves. Some cases when you have conflicts between
people who are heavily involved it turns ugly and someone gets pissed
enough to try to get even. What can you do? Move on. Be polite and do not
loose sight of the real targets. "Person X has left the organisation and
we wish him/her the best in the continued struggle against the
surveilliance society."

Some will still try to get even by using what power they have for
disruption. Then there is only one thing to do, and that is to remember
the old internet rule: Do not feed the trolls!

Mårten Fjällström