[pp.int.general] PPI like an International Party (the first?) Putting the flag over the globe

machado at sociologia.de machado at sociologia.de
Wed Oct 17 07:39:40 CEST 2007

Andrew,

Sorry, false word, latin influence... : )

I mean PPI could accept global membership/signatures. It has just a
symbolic value, but important to spread out the message that PPI is
international movement.

I think each party could act like an arm of PPI, obviously adapted to
local reality. As you know, when we are talking about ?intelectual
property?, privacy, network neutrality, freedom and ?security?, we are
referring to global level issues. The Corporations work internationally
but without control of civil society, the situation of WIPO is not very
different. Face it, I think we need to fortify the network and get more
visibility in media in order to improve the citizen participation. They
could ignore the PPs now, but not in the future... The most important is
the possibility to have international articulation strategies and build
an alignment of policies. I mean we have to talk the same language,like
just a unique party (or one confederation).

The propose is basically:

- - The PPI's could have a International board
- - and start a campaign to get international membership;
- - start to work *officially* as umbrella of the national parties
- - use it, if possible, to get founds for the party/movement
- - make a website as reference (in an international level) of the fight
against IP abuse and related dirties initiatives of governments and
corporations. (Which references we have now? Some NGOs, like EFF. But we
could do much more.) Using the creativity we could improve the range of
actuation of PPI and the scale and scope of mobilization.
- - The most important: to get a sympathy of people and use this positive
?marketing? (argh) to help the national parties.

I think many people will be part of PPI but not of the PP local. It is
not bad, because there is a potencial for the future.

In conclusion, in my point of view, PPI could actuate symbolically as
international party. In an realistic view, all the local PPs are working
practically like a social movement in the moment. But the situation
could change if we articulate our action in an international level.

It cannot help PPUS now, but maybe it could help all the local PPs in
the future.

Regards,

Jorge

Andrew Norton escreveu:
> I for one am not sure what you mean - could you elaborate more, please. what do you mean by "accept filiations like a national party."
>
> Andrew
> PPUS
>
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:07:42 -0300, "machado at sociologia.de" <machado at sociologia.de> wrote:
> Hi pirates,
>
> Considering the case of USA, I think other countries will have a similar
> problem.
>
> Maybe will sounds crazy what I will say, I suggest that the PP
> International could work and accept filiations like a national party.
> Its mean that PPI could be the first International party of the world!
> (if I am not wrong). In my point of view, it's a very good way to get
> the media attention and so help the promotion of the national parties as
> well as to fortify our global union, whose cause is international.
>
> It's also sounds very humanistic (without irony) in times of "war
> against the terrorism" and in a scenario of serious threats to freedom
> at a global level. I think we will get a sympathy of a lot of people
> around the wourld. Possibility, many people will filliate firstly in PPI
> than the local Pirate Party - that should be estructured before.
>
> Any citzen of the planet could become a member of PPI! We could have as
> symbol a pirate flag over the Earth globe. I think the pirates did not
> recognize borders. ; )
>
> All the Best,
>
> Jorge
> PP Brazil

> advice

> tech-oriented

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net