[pp.int.general] RFID consultation

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Apr 7 10:45:39 CEST 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com>
Enviado: lunes, 7 de abril, 2008 8:59:43
> On the RFID questionnaire - someone had brought it up as both urgent and important on the last real-time meeting.

As the deadline is set on April 25 2008, if there is will to answer, it comes to be urgent. And RFID topic is important, I think, to a collective like ours so worried about privacy issues.

> It is not a questionnaire per se. The form is here (http://ec.europa.eu/yourvoice/ipm/forms/dispatch?form=RFIDRec),
> and while all the information required to put together a joint response can be accessed from that page by filling in
> hoax data and clicking ones way through the "nexts", it is more of an evaluation of the proposed Recommendation.
> The actual consultation was given quite a while ago and is documented at (http://www.rfidconsultation.eu/).

Of course it is a questionnaire; apart from being a consultation -"the Public Consultation will be open for a period of eight weeks and will finish on 25th April 2008"-, it has questions to be answered -very usual in questionnaires-.

What you call hoax data is meant to identify stakeholders -when we answered the creative contents on single market consultation, or now that we are going to answer the levies consultation, each respondents had to identify themselves-. It's about having a scenario like here I am and this is my stance, rather than an anonymous respondents scenario.

What was given quite a while ago was the first consultation -in 2006-, exactly the same that happened with the levies consultation -which had a first stage in 2006-.

> The question remains whether or not we give a joined point of view on their proposed Recommandation/Directive. I'd
> assume that would require someone with knowledge of European law, and certainly the case law of previous
> legislation on the topic of privacy.

As well as answering levies consultation also requires some foundations -at least to be learned on the fly during these weeks-, answering this other consultation would require us to brief ourselves in order to get enough background to this significant issue. Regards,

                                                                                  Carlos Ayala
                                                                                  ( Aiarakoa )

                                                           Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman