[pp.int.general] So Piratpartiet does not care about Pirate Manifesto?

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Aug 23 14:40:22 CEST 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Valentin Villenave <v.villenave at gmail.com>

Enviado: sábado, 23 de agosto, 2008 14:22:08
> Carlos, I am aware that none of the French Pirates has been contributing to the Manifesto for the
> past months, and I sincerely feel terrible about it, since the Manifesto is one of the most
> interesting and exciting projects we have at the moment. You obviously have spent much time
> and energy in it, as well as in inviting and encouraging us folks to take part in its writing;
> however you must keep in mind that many of us have to face other issues in our national
> parties and in our personal or professional lives.
>
> Please, please keep that in mind, and do not think that lack of participation has to mean a lack of
> interest.

I didn't say "Parti Pirate has no interest"; I just said that I miss the Parti Pirate's briefing. However, until 31st of August you're still on time to deliver it :) Just a brief summary of your stances is required, won't take much time to make it. It would be great to have it, specially it being a requirement for pirate parties for being allowed to participate in Pirate Manifesto's Stage Two -amendments to First Draft-; please try it, try to make an effort, I'm sure it won't take much time.

> Now, to answer Rick's question about the purpose of the Manifesto:

> That is exactly what the Manifesto is for (as is the Uppsala declaration, granted): to introduce
> who we are, what we stand for, what we believe in, what we're trying to achieve. Isn't it nice?

You're entirely right :)

> I think the Uppsala declaration is a good document, and some parts of it could/should probably
> go into the Introduction of the Manifesto when we get there.

In July, after Uppsala Declaration, I explained in a series of mails why PIRATA rejected Uppsala Declaration -by the way, a Declaration still not signed by any single pirate party apart from Piratpartiet-. The main one, though not the only one, was not being willing to merge with a traditional parliamentary group, nor allowing that group to command us what to vote on non-core issues.

We would may retake that debate, however some people complained about having it within the mailing list; so it's up to everyone whether to choose another place to debate about it, or -in a different thread- doing it within this mailing list.

> So, in a nutshell: please, people, please, play nice and be patient with each other

I agree specially with the play nice -play fairly- part. Regards,

                                                                    Carlos Ayala
                                                                    ( Aiarakoa )

                                               Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es