[pp.int.general] PPI Forums/Site | PPI Manifesto

R Serkowski roderick at ppau.info
Thu Aug 28 15:43:46 CEST 2008

I've been keeping the forum fairly clean since I deleted the 8000 odd
spam messages about a month ago from the forums which had accumulated
over time, since May I think. When I had a look at the backend, the
captcha had been turned off for some reason, so I re-activated it, and
have been checking back every few days or so to clean up the odd spam
and bring down some ban hammer wrath on the few spambots that are
still getting through. That said, the forum should probably be
upgraded to phpBB3, it has an, as of yet, unbroken Captcha.

To change the link of the Finnish PP (and add the PPAU) someone has to
either change the links here,  http://pp.3025-game.de/rss.php?lang=en&origin=PP
   or write up a new block in Drupal or something. I don't have access
to the main site though, so I can't help.

Whilst I’m here, I may as well speak my mind on the PPI manifesto, and
I’ll try to be as succinct as is possible; Will it act to define what
the PPI will be? As yet, I’m still unsure as to what the construction
of the PPI is, or will be. No doubt, as Carlos has pointed out, we
need a document that enshrines all that we stand for, and this will of
course be an ongoing development as we refine our philosophical,
economic and policy arguments, and kudos to Carlos for pushing it as
hard as he has, but I think more consideration must be given to the
practicalities of the organisation that will represent this
international movement.

What is clear to me, and I think everyone on this list, is that for
the movement to be successful in fundamentally altering current public
perception, and effecting the legislative changes the national parties
seek, we must have a strong, and united international body, to counter
international associations and bodies which seek to perpetuate, and
even extend the current regimes, and in turn, this strong
international front will feed, and strengthen national parties. In my
mind, the PPI should be constructed in the sense that it is a
federation, rather than a party, a body representing all PP’s, and any
other organisations that might also subscribe to the movement’s
principles - and should act as a body which disperses information
about all national parties and their affiliates, and the programs they
are involved in nationally. Of course, this is looking to the
hopefully not too distant future, and perhaps I should concentrate on
developing our national party here in Australia rather than wasting
time on overly long, rather pointless emails such as this one, but I
think its something we should think about as we continue to draft the
manifesto.

Hope to be able to continue contributing to this list in the future,
some interesting discussion happening.

Regards,

R Serkowski
PPAU