[pp.int.general] PPI Forums/Site | PPI Manifesto

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Aug 28 22:35:29 CEST 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: R Serkowski <roderick at ppau.info>
Enviado: jueves, 28 de agosto, 2008 15:43:46
> Whilst I’m here, I may as well speak my mind on the PPI manifesto, and I’ll try to be as succinct
> as is possible; Will it act to define what the PPI will be? As yet, I’m still unsure as to what the
> construction of the PPI is, or will be. No doubt, as Carlos has pointed out, we need a document
> that enshrines all that we stand for, and this will of course be an ongoing development as we
> refine our philosophical, economic and policy arguments, and kudos to Carlos for pushing it as
> hard as he has, but I think more consideration must be given to the practicalities of the
> organisation that will represent this international movement

I agree with that. While Manifesto is really important -and by the way, let's gonna do the final effort since next sunday is Stage One's deadline-, it's also essential to develop the inner mechanisms that allow us to be fully operative.

We actually dealt with such issues 7 months ago in Berlin; together with the encouraging of a Pirate Manifesto, French Parti Pirate encouraged a joint PPI's IT Group; Swedish Piratpartiet encouraged a joint PRs Group; and so on. Up to date, no one of these goals have been, not only fulfilled, but even seen how the works to get them fulfilled started. I truly think that, to be an active and operative movement, as Roderick points, we need to launch those mechanisms and task forces, and secure that they work properly.

> What is clear to me, and I think everyone on this list, is that for the movement to be successful
> in fundamentally altering current public perception, and effecting the legislative changes the
> national parties seek, we must have a strong, and united international body

> In my mind, the PPI should be constructed in the sense that it is a federation, rather than a
> party, a body representing all PP’s, and any other organisations that might also subscribe to the
> movement’s principles - and should act as a body which disperses information about all
> national parties and their affiliates, and the programs they are involved in nationally.

Many things regarding PPI have to be dealt; with Pirate Manifesto we've dealt with many, but not with all -specially with the organizative ones-. However, as you point, I think we should have to.

> Of course, this is looking to the hopefully not too distant future, and perhaps I should
> concentrate on developing our national party here in Australia rather than wasting time on
> overly long, rather pointless emails such as this one, but I think its something we should think
> about as we continue to draft the manifesto

That's it: we should keep pushing towards the First Draft. The more parties involved in its editing -once we have thecommon stances- the less amendments will be required. Sunday's coming! Regards,

                                                                          Carlos Ayala
                                                                          ( Aiarakoa )

                                                      Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es