[pp.int.general] PP.se EP-status

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Tue Dec 9 12:41:24 CET 2008

> > 8000 members, all elegible to cast their vote, and only about 100
> people attended the on-line meeting.) But such an
> > (in)action is not directly recorded
>
> I have one doubt: if 100 out of 8000 members attended the on-line
> meeting, I guess you have some sort of delegated vote -i.e., some,
> most or all members attending the on-line meeting would have acted as
> delegates, and non-attending members would have been allowed to
> delegate their vote to any of those delegates-, am I right? Regards,
No, it was not delegated. One member, one vote. Any party member could vote.

It's just that our members tend to be bored with bureaucracy and
formalities, and energized by action that makes an outward difference
and has a real impact on politics. We had three alternatives for the
candidate list. All three would have worked in a sales pitch, and as
most members realized this, the meeting became just a formality that
didn't push the ideas forward.

Writing protocols doesn't change the world. Taking action changes the world.

That's a culture I'm extremely happy with and have gone to great pains
to cultivate. People who take action attract more people who take
action. People who like formalities, commas and internal papers attract
more of the like, too.

Rick