[pp.int.general] !! Denmark censors Internet, blocks The Pirate Bay

Ricardo Cristof Remmert-Fontes ricardo.cristof at remmert-fontes.de
Tue Feb 5 13:59:00 CET 2008

Carlos Ayala wrote:

> [...]

I absolutely agree with Carlos: the question isn't wether or not
censorship, DRM or surveillance can be circumvented or not.

The question is, which legal system do we want to have as a framework
for our society. Though, actual approaches of surveillance, DRM and
censorship are anti-democratic.

Therefore, pirate parties should understand themselves as human rights
parties. Therefore we should, as Pirate Bay spokesmen did, tcompare this
to situation to China or Burma: IFPI kicks human rights for business
purposes.

We should try to figure this issue out in the media: it is not about
filesharing, it is about free speech. We should focus on that.

We should think of doing press releases from every national pirate party
on this issue in their own languages at the same time.

"$National_PP comdemns censorship and the attack on free speech in Denmark!"

Something like that.

Regards,
Ricardo Cristof
- PP Germany -