[pp.int.general] The editorial in question

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:43:52 CET 2008

2008/1/10, Carlos Ayala <aiarakoa at yahoo.es>:

> Actually it is not so difficult, at least if comparison is made with our
> local politicians ... look, for instance, at the former Spanish minister of
> Culture, Carmen Calvo, being angered because of believing she was compared
> with Pixie & Dixie ... when actually what was said by another congressman
> was the latin phrase dixit:

LOOOOOOL ahahahahahahha

Our new French President is even worse: just out of demagogy, he once
publicly declared that making pupils study "La Princesse de Clèves" at
school (one of our most famous and beautiful pieces of classical
literature) was "pure madness and sadism"... :(

> it may compose a picture of the level of proficiency from our local
> politicians ô_Ô Regards

What frightens me most is that such proofs of inculture doesn't
prevent them from being elected again and again. Most people just
don't care to be governed by an ignoramus.

> P.D.: Carmen Calvo, his successor Cesar Antonio Molina, many politicians
> from other parties, the copyright management societies, most media ... are
> also the ones who later call criminals all people who just are sharing
> culture.

This makes sense actually: they don't call us criminals just for fun,
but because they have to promote a low-quality supermarket's culture
instead of the diversity and quality we stand for.

Valentin