[pp.int.general] Program for Berlin

Ben daegon at gmx.at
Thu Jan 17 19:52:58 CET 2008

Carlos Ayala schrieb:
> At this time, this comes to be the Berlin Program:
>  Swedish legislation: Rick Falvinge, founder of the swedish Pirate Party, will report about successes in liberal copyright legislation in his country.
>  Election campaigns: German pirates will report about the
> successful pre- / election campaigns and media coverage in the counties
> of Hessen and Hamburg.
>  International cooperation: Perspectives of further networking among the pirate parties.
>  Liquid democracy: Concepts and project developement for a first testing application inside the party.It would be interesting to be found out is the specific scope of the "international cooperation" part; i.e., which concepts are going to be discussed there? For instance:
>
> - are we going to discuss the pirate manifesto and the common european platform?

I hope that we will; I think that there are a lot of points in the
manifesto which have to be discussed on this level.
> - are we going to discuss the decision-making procedures?

We should link this discussion directly with liquid democracy and the
ways how to deal with this kind of structure within our organisation.
> - are we going to discuss the way we'll approach the no issues outside core issues policy -i.e. when dealing with other parties (the if you vote this I'll vote that thing), and other scenarios-?

We have to do this anyway, because we need partners in the national
elections as in the EU elections. I think that we have to make up some
action plans for various scenarios.
> - ... any other issues which can be considered to be defined at Berlin ...
>
> It would be useful to set specific goals for the Conference around this subject -the international cooperation between pirate parties; and also the required steps towards the foundation of the European Pirate Party-. Specific goals tend to help focusing the work :) Regards

I think that (at least) the Points and plans we totally agree on have to
be bindingly for each party.

>                                                                                   Carlos Ayala
>                                                                                    ( Aiarakoa )
>
>                                                          Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

> Web Revelación Yahoo! 2007:
> Premio Favorita del Público.
> http://es.promotions.yahoo.com/revelacion2007/favoritos/

Ben Dagan (BV-member)