[pp.int.general] Political Party X

aloa5 piratenpartei at t-online.de
Tue Jul 1 12:10:30 CEST 2008

Carlos Ayala schrieb:
> [...]

Again a comment for making my own statement above more precise:

If others *do* what we want and we say "yes" to their all of their
issues - where is the difference between ourselves and them?

The (obvious) answer for this case would be: nothing
So - this will not come. Or (more correct): only if the fraction we join
is in the opposition (then they say "yes" to our issues, because they
have the same opinion... but when they are not in opposition?) .

The green party in Germany has most of our points as well..... but if
this is true - why does we exist?
(My) answer: it´s a question of *preferences*. Our preferences are *our*
core issues and if we have the chance we would *first* try to realise
them. And - of course - others do the same with their core issues. An
aim we will never reach is to change the core issues of left or green
party´s. (or - do we?)

So the question is: what is the aim in the fraction? If we say we may
get seats on Committees - as we have in all points the same opinion as
"our" fraction then... why we are there?

I see two possible scenarios (any more?):

-- We join a fraction wich have our aims anyway. (Why does we exist...
what shall we do there even when we can not change there core issue?)

-- We join a fraction wich *not* have our aims (core issues)... sounds
somehow strange (doesn´t it?)

This seems not to be a conclusive argumentation. Even money may be a
reason. But if it would have to be (really) a lot more then one Euro per
day wich we can use for PR :). (Just make a calculation.... lets say 10
PP´s are in Europe and the additional money for a seat would be 10.000
Euro/month - would be 1.000 for every PP (if it would! be divided) --
would not sound very impressive.)

Regards (again... hope you are not angry about the spam)
ALOA