[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto Reloaded

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 18:19:14 CEST 2008

So you are willing to sell your political neutrality on non-core issues to
get some more voting power on core issues on the short term. ¡You've even
stated that non core issues are the issues we don't care about!

¿Do you actually believe that poeple doesn't care about non core issues? Non
core issues are important, it is because inside each pirate party there are
very different opinions on non core issues that we must keep our neutrality
on those non core issues, in order not to lose votes. Only when, punctually,
we are absolutely sure most of our citizens agree on one of our non core
issues, we should then take a position on that subject. And the only
democratic and legit way to do so is by directly asking our fellow citizens.

As Carlos has already said, if we vote the same way that other parties 99%
of the time, and those other parties accept our core issues, people will
shift to vote those parties, not us.

Your proposal is just a political suicide.

Regards,

Felix Robles, a member of PIRATA