[pp.int.general] Is everyone asleep on this list, or is it just me?

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Fri Jul 18 00:22:16 CEST 2008

Max Lalouschek | Piratenpartei Österreichs wrote:

> As frustrating as the situation sometimes is we keep on doing our best,
> but that means we haven't much resources (especially members) for more
> international issues. And I assume most other parties have similar problems.

I think We in the Us know that better than most. For the last six
months, it's just been the two of us - me and Ray, and Ray's been on
medical leave for months. As of last night, we took on a 3rd officer,
and that means we might be making a slow gain.

People are getting too bogged down and suffering too much from tunnel
vision to be flexible. I assume most of us are probably computer
engineers and techs (thats our main demographic, and support base
anyway) and have this ability to focus in depth on a project. I am, by
profession, a design engineer, which means I don't look at what I'm
doing so much as look at the end goal and try and come up with different
ways to reach it. I'm focused on best way to get to the destination, not
on making the road I'm be as smooth as possible.

If a chance comes up for some publicity, or just a general golden
opportunity, we HAVE, absolutely HAVE to be able to take that chance.
Politics is a form of war, and everyone knows that if you stay fixated
on a battle-plan, you will always lose.