[pp.int.general] Is everyone asleep on this list, or is it just me?

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 21:30:14 CEST 2008

2008/7/16 Andrew Norton <andrew.norton at pirate-party.us>:
> Read them over, get SOMEONE back in touch with me today from your party.
> If the Pirate Parties can't even be bothered to deal with an EU-wide
> directive on copyrights - our most high profile issue - just before we
> launch a campaign for euroParl, it has to be said "what is going on?"

Greetings Andrew, Hi Max,

strictly personally speaking (though I know quite a few fellow pirates
from France who are in a similar situation), I am working 24/7 on a
(Free-Culture-related, btw) professional huge thing that prevents me
from properly dealing with any e-mail or topic I cannot deal with in
less than 10 minutes (and unfortunately, most discussions here require
much more time).

Speaking of 'tunnel vision', well my actual *life* seems more like a
tunnel than anything else right now, so I am deeply sorry not to be
able to get any more involved for the weeks to come.

What's happening here (in France and in the E.U.) is absolutely
infuriating at many levels, and referring to our struggle as a "war"
does not seem unappropriated to me -- please note however, that one
needs some resources to fight a war...

There are many groups and organizations here in France, that are
well-aware of this situation. Normally these groups are quite
unorganized and spend most of their time fighting each other in
endless arguments, but I have the feeling that president Sarkozy and
the European committee have provided them all with a common ground to
unite on and fight for. We're are (remotely) in touch with some of
these groups, and of course we talk a lot about it within the French
party; but as I told you our personal current situations prevent us
from getting active and efficient for the time being.

Regards,
Valentin