[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: two days remaining for proposal of amendments

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Nov 7 14:46:27 CET 2008

De: Christian Hufgard <christian.hufgard at piratenpartei-hessen.de>
Enviado: viernes, 7 de noviembre, 2008 13:57:21
> I think part of the problem is, that most pirates have no idea, what "pirate international" is at all. > was looking some minutes on http://www.pp-international.net/ but did not find any clear definition.
> I know, that the manifesto and also the Uppsala declaration shall help to find this definiton. But at
> the moment I have no idea, was pp int will become one day.

Of course Pirate Manifesto aims to lay the foundations for an international pirate party -in the international wiki, since several months ago, there is the explicit will of forming, at least at EU level, a formal European pirate party-.

Nowadays, I think there is not any formal PPI, but a group of pirate party trying to work together -willing to have Andrew Norton as PRs representative (by the way, we should help him in create the PRs mechanisms at the international level), willing to have an international IT group, etc-. There were some agreements from Berlin Conference that haven't been fulfilled -e.g., the International IT Group, to work on international pirate web, on common telematic tools, etc-, hope that we can rescue them now to make them work or about to be ready to work before Helsinki Conference.

> Are there any rules, that only chairman of national parties are allowed (by whom?) to propose
> amendments, or is any chairman allowed to do so?

In this page, pirate parties which are eligible voters -i.e., all minus Piraten Partai (Russia)- are enlisted; also, each pirate party is up to decide whether is going to allow its member to individually propose amendments, or to propose amendments as a party -through a representative, who can be the party chairman, the party international proxy, a member of the party international committee, a party member chosen by dray :-D it's up to each party, in case that party chooses to propose amendments as a party, to choose its representative-. Thus, not only chairmen are by principle allowed to propose amendments, that's up to each pirate party to appoint its representative.

Anyway, each pirate party which is eligible voter should indicate that representative for the Pirate Manifesto development here; currently, all eligible voters have indicated our representative except Piraten Partei Deutschland -Jens erased former one, however has not appointed himself in the wiki page as Helmut's substitute-.

One more thing: I'm really glad to solve any doubts that may arise concerning Pirate Manifesto amendments proposal and Stage Two; however, as long as my e-mail address has been available since 1th of September to ask for any possible doubt concerning this issue, I'm surprised by the fact that during the last two months seemingly nobody had no doubt concerning the amending process. I invite all of you to read Amendments Central -specificly the parts which explain rules to propose amendments, about how to vote, etc- and, if after that you still have doubts, I'll be quite happy to help you. Regards,

                                                                 Carlos Ayala
                                                                 ( Aiarakoa )

                                           Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman