[pp.int.general] Six months to go

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 10 19:18:01 CET 2008

De: Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) <rick at piratpartiet.se>
Enviado: lunes, 10 de noviembre, 2008 18:40:43

> > So why have you willingly not participated in the Pirate Manifesto's
> > Stage Two? Regards,
> 1) I was quite clear as to what priorities I believe are the correct ones in my last post. Now is a
> time for action, not for crossing Ts and dotting Is.

I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about two months ago -start of Stage Two (8 months before EU Election)- till now; I'm talking about four months ago -start of Stage One (10 months before EU Election)- and the following two months; I even talk about the gap between 1st of February -you attended Berlin Conference, you agreed in working in the Pirate Manifesto (that was 15 months before EU Election)- and Uppsala Conference. This is not a matter of time.

So no, you haven't been clear, not about the Manifesto (worldwide issue, we are working on it right now), neither about the platform (EU-wide issue, still unsolved).

> 2) You sound accusatory, when the burden of proof lies on you. If you do not rally enough
> supporters to a cause, in this case a declaration with signatures, it is not the people who aren't
> interested who are at fault;

Parti Pirate is participating -read Florian & Valentin-; Piraten Partei Deutschland is participating -read Jens, Mirco, etc-; Piraattipuolue is participating -read Anton & Gagis-; PPUS is participating -ask Andrew-; Pirate Party Australia is participating -ask Roderick-; Partido Pirata is participating -ask ... me-; that makes 6 parties active during Stages 1 & 2, and also Partia Piratow, Piraten Partei Oesterreich, Piraten Partij and Piratpartiet Danemark -4 more, up to ten pirate parties participating- which were pretty active at least in Stage One.

There is, however, a party which has not attended to almost any Stage One session; which has not proposed any amendment; and which Board's Chairman openly admits not to be interested in the Pirate Manifesto. That party is your party.

> it is you who have failed to sell the case. If you want more people to participate, explain why it
> is beneficial to them to do so

About explaining why it is beneficial to Piratpartiet to participate in a Pirate Manifesto, ok, let's try: why it was beneficial when you proposed this Pirate Manifesto -written by you, Rick; by the way, your proposal wasn't a platform-like one, but a manifesto-like one-? I think the idea of a manifesto was as valid then as it's now.

So, let me ask again: why are you willingly not participating in Pirate Manifesto development? i.e., why are you not interested in a Pirate Manifesto? Regards,

                                                                Carlos Ayala
                                                                ( Aiarakoa )

                                            Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman