[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: Finally, amendments showdown

Max Moritz Sievers m.sievers at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Tue Nov 11 15:36:35 CET 2008

Anton Tamminen wrote:
> There is no need for anarchism in the manifesto, simply because not all
> of us want to take it to that level. Government will always yield us
> trouble, but not all are prepared (in a number of ways) to live in
> anarchy, or even prepared enough to know how to preserve anarchy (the
> hardest part). Let's agree on all that is common to us, for the good of
> humanity. Anarchy becomes a meaningful topic of discussion only after
> we've turned the current tide.

I accept your position in this matter. I am quarreling because I want to start
the forming of an opinion. Where is the discussion which is needed? Most of
the readers even don't know what anarchy means. It is hard to accept a
decision on this level of information. If we are not an anarchist movement
then why should we be a democratic movement? We shouldn't pretend to be one
just because we are told, democracy is the best social system. Pirates
question authority. If you don't want to vote for my amendtment I suggest to
vote for Jens Seipenbusch's and remove the 1st paragraph of Preamble
entirely.

> United we stand, divided we fall.

A nice motto.

--