[pp.int.general] Current state of Piratenpartei Deutschland in general.

Max Moritz Sievers m.sievers at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Tue Nov 11 17:54:24 CET 2008

Rick Falkvinge wrote:
> > Two important topics which are nearer to the real thing are sexuality of
> > infants and illegal drugs. We have to take a well-defined position on
> > these if we want to be serious.
>
> Ok, this is where you derail totally.
>
> Keep your eyes fixed on the target. We can do this, lift the copyright
> oppression and safeguard civil liberties, because (and only because) it
> has popular support.

If you want to dictate which drugs other people are allowed to use, you don't
value freedom. If you oppress the sexuality of your childs, you don't value
freedom. Why do you think the people allow oppression through copyright and
constraints of civil liberties?

| We're playing with half a deck as long as we tolerate that the cardinals of
| government and science should dictate where human curiousity can
| legitimately send its attention and where it can not. It's an essentially
| preposterous situation. It is essentially a civil rights issue, because what
| we're talking about here is the repression of a religious sensibility. In
| fact, not /a/ religious sensibility, /the/ religious sensibility.
-- Terence McKenna: Non-Ordinary States Through Vision Plants

> What you suggest will kill any such initiative immediately. It is not a
> coincidence that the Lobby constantly and vigorously tries to associate
> file sharing with child porn.

Child porn is a side issue. When I call for to stop oppressing the sexuality
infants, I don't encourage child porn. There is a relation between child porn
and the oppression of the sexuality of infants: it's a vicious circle. This
is true for every kind of child abuse. I want to break the cycle. Why
shouln't this be a goal of our movement?

It's a hot subject and that is why it could profitable for us. It is not
reasonable for me to be member of a party which will never be in a
parliament. I reckon this will be the case with those core-topic focused
Pirate Parties. If they would even so suceed, life would be a bit easier or
at least we would have a bit more freedom. But then the real problems
wouldn't be touched -- and not solved.

--
regards
Max Moritz Sievers