[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: Finally, amendments showdown

Mirco da Silva mirco.da.silva at piracy-international.org
Tue Nov 11 18:32:04 CET 2008

Andrew Norton schrieb:
> You should too.

Always. ;)

> 1) I don't consider wikipedia a reliable source for
> anything, certainly not definitions.

Ok, your decision.
What are your reliable sources then?
Encyclopaedia Britannica?
Someone you never met personally and know just via IRC?
Your pirate grandpa?
Gimme a hint, plz.

> 2) I was talking with Carlos last night,...Vice
> Admiral Drake (el Draco) is considered a pirate in spain. He not only
> had a letter of marque, he was a flag officer in the royal navy.

If you control the past, you control the future.
Its your 'environment' that decides if you are a terrorist or a freedom
fighter, right.
So what?

> The term 'pirate' is one thats never been definable, because it depends
> on the circumstances, and conveys a connotation, an insinuation, not an
> ideology, or political ethos.

The greek origin of this term is well known.
The rest is interpretation.

> we have this chanceto make the definition ourselves, lets not waste it

Yeah, just do it and find yourself.
But be honest and name your definition what it is: a Pirate *Party*
Manifesto, made by Party-Pirates to define themselves in their goal to
perform as a political movement.

The pirates I know have no need for this kind of self-definition.
They know who they are: freedom loving people trying to survive.
Arrrr!