[pp.int.general] Stances on different ideologies (was: Current state of Piratenpartei Deutschland in general)

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 23:01:54 CET 2008

That would be true if Pirate Parties were not necessary for the good of
democracy. But, with privacy vanishing, and with governments taking fascist
measures to spy and control every free man, there's every reason to vote a
Pirate Party that only tackles with what we have defined as core issues.

I would REALLY love Pirate Parties not to be necessary. Unfortunately, it's
not the case of our era.

Precisely because core issues are transversal and some of them so
fundamental that should be part of any political party that declares itself
democratic, and precisely because the rest of the political parties don't
tackle core issues, it's our duty to only tackle with core issues, to make
our movement stronger, attracting every democrat from the political
spectrum.

*It's not us who should tackle with non-core issues, it's the rest of the
political parties who should tackle with core issues*. We are here to
remember the rest of the parties that these issues are so important that we
can create a political party based only on those core issues and get many,
many votes.

Sincerely,
Félix Robles, a member of the Spanish Pirate Party