[pp.int.general] Stances on different ideologies (was: Current state of Piratenpartei Deutschland in general)

Kaj Sotala kaj.sotala at piraattipuolue.fi
Tue Nov 11 23:43:16 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Félix Robles <redeadlink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Precisely because core issues are transversal and some of them so
> fundamental that should be part of any political party that declares itself
> democratic, and precisely because the rest of the political parties don't
> tackle core issues, it's our duty to only tackle with core issues, to make
> our movement stronger, attracting every democrat from the political
> spectrum.
>
> It's not us who should tackle with non-core issues, it's the rest of the
> political parties who should tackle with core issues. We are here to
> remember the rest of the parties that these issues are so important that we
> can create a political party based only on those core issues and get many,
> many votes.

I'm not sure if I agree with you when you say that we should never
tackle the non-core issues, but I certainly agree when you say that we
shoudn't tackle them now, or any time in the near future (within the
next 5-10 years, say). So I won't debate you on this - any
disagreement we have isn't going to be currently relevant anyway, and
I wouldn't want to give anybody the impression that I advocate taking
on non-core issues right now. :-)