[pp.int.general] Stances on different ideologies

Max Moritz Sievers m.sievers at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Wed Nov 12 22:27:26 CET 2008

Félix Robles wrote:

> I fully, absolutely reject the idea of a Pirate Party which ideology is
> more than core issues. Core issues must be the only ideology of a Pirate
> Party.

It is debated where the core issues end.

> But that doesn't mean that we do nothing on non-core issues. I'm very very
> proud of the Spanish Pirate Party on that aspect: on non-core issues, we
> just ask the whole population -not just party members-, as if it were a
> referendum, about those questions, and if the majority of the vote is YES,
> and if a significant percentage of the whole population participates on the
> voting, we just present what the voting decided in congress as if it were
> one of our core issues. Those 'referendum'-like voting processes would be
> for very concrete things, and in order to filtrate questions so we are not
> voting all the time new questions, it must be accepted in a previous voting
> within the party.
>
> So the Spanish Pirate Party's answer to non-core issues is... *liquid
> democracy*, absolute transparency, let the whole population decide!

What a horrifying idea! I don't want those numbskulls to impose restrictions
on me. If the people were enlightened and informed I could bear it and maybe
then this would be the best government of all imaginable. Please keep in mind
that anarchy is imaginable, too. I don't expect to witness the people being
enlightened and informed in my life.

--
regards
Max Moritz Sievers