[pp.int.general] Why Members left .... was: Stances on different ideologies

Andreas Popp Andreas.Popp at gmx.de
Wed Nov 12 12:20:35 CET 2008

I agree so far for keeping our profile a pirate party but I do agree with the point that having an opinion on the important political things is unavoidable.

I do have some experience fighting for votes on the street and the German people are a much harder audience than the Swedish. They say "Yes, civil rights and free knowledge are fine. But how is your opinion on social stuff / environment / military... " so at least here in Germany, we can't get arround these topics.

So how to deal with it? Normally I try coming back to our topics like "We could encourage small and middle sized companies, which normally bring safer jobs, when they could have better access to patents."

But on some things I have to get something elsewehere.

I think a lot of people here have a common opinion, that we should avoid extreme ideologies on any other point than our core topics. Many people here had the concern, that we could scare people away with this and ALOA also mentioned to find a middle way. And here I agree with him that far, that we should explicitly distance ourselves from that. (ALOA's way of writing is just to complicated for the most to understand :P)

What happend on the last general assembly of the German Pirate Party was unorganised and chaotic. Nobody did turn to any extreme stands. We just gathered things we could have an opinion on, for the European Parliament elecetion. For everyone who is concerned about that: I do not think we have the personal capacity to work out anything else than our core topics. So reality kills the idea here anyway.

Nevertheless some good points were found that enable us to "wilder" in other parties policy by using pirate arguments. For example "Full Taxation of flight fuel because of the defraudation of Flying companies compared to other traffic companies and the danger of building a general infranstructure monopoly."

You see a lot of work is still to do, but maybe something good will come of it :)

Regards
Andi

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail