[pp.int.general] Why Members left .... was: Stances on different ideologies

aloa5 piratenpartei at t-online.de
Wed Nov 12 13:48:21 CET 2008

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) schrieb:
> I agree that political success must be the goal.
>
> However, if I'd had ten cents for every person that told me "you must
> absolutely change X or you will never achieve political success", I'd be
> rich. At the same time, the pirate party is growing by the minute in
> Sweden, with more and more people coming out in open support.

Maybe. I understand that there are a lot of "must have" interests in
*single stances* wich people told you.

Anyway - even if there are possibly many "wrong" recommendations this
does not automatically leads to the point that doing "nothing" is better ;).

Just for interest:
http://www.piratpartiet.se/storlek
Actual 6360 Members. I thought that this statistic was about 10.000 once
upon a hm..long time before. Is the "open support" a support for the
Pirate Party as such or does you talk about support of other parties for
the PP core issues?

> PS: Last election, one person was extremely tenacious about "you must
> promise free Wi-Fi to the entire population, or you will never achieve
> success". They had the party's success at heart, and had all good
> intentions. However, the concept of a narrow platform is field tested
> and works. At least, it works excellently so far.

This is (fully) not comparable with the position I defined. I talk about
the political landscape and the way wich decisions were made. I talk
about political strategy - and not about single issues.

We have founding PP´s in Europe +2,x years. At least - it works *not*
excellently so far. Correct - it could be worse. But this is not the
same. It´s not bad to be self-confident. But this should not lead to an
overestimation of the own capabilities and the performance in the past.
Prepare to be self-critical every time.

Regards
ALOA