[pp.int.general] Why Members left

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Nov 13 09:57:45 CET 2008

De: John Nilsson <john at milsson.nu>
Enviado: miércoles, 12 de noviembre, 2008 22:32:54
> I probably missed the start of this debate but am I correct in understanding the dilemma to be
> how Pirate Parties should handle issues not related to the core platform in the EU parliament?
>
> So to bring me up to speed, what has been said about theese allternatives?
>
> A) The party only takes a stance on issues related to the core platform. Issues that are outside
> the scope is up to the individual MEP to decide on at their discression. Make sure you vote for
> the person you belive will represent your views.
>
> B) The party takes no stance on issues not related to the core platform. Instead these issues will
> be used as leverage when barganing with other MEP for votes on issues we DO take a stance
> on. Basically we'll sell our votes with the purpose of succeding with the reforms we prioritize

C) The party takes no stance by its own initiative on issues not related to the core platform. Instead would be citizens, with proposals supported with signatures -and with enough consenssus (i.e., not so many signatures against)-; or other parties in the context of parliamentary dealings concerning non-core issues, though only for specific issues -not as a term agreement-, and only after consultation to the citizens at the same Social Grid used to receive proposals and signatures for those proposals; the ones who would move us to support or reject anything outside non-cores.

Regards,

                                                                 Carlos Ayala
                                                                  ( Aiarakoa )

                                           Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

P.S.:
> I actually wasn't feeding anything. Just wanted to be brought up to
speed on what the latest
> concensus is. (Havent been actively involved
in pirate politics for close to a year)

Maybe Felix was talking about Alonso (a.k.a. NUVLEAR!) and Max (a.k.a. stupid, numbskull, etc), when talking about not stimulating certain kind of PPI list users.