[pp.int.general] Why Members left

Max Moritz Sievers m.sievers at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Thu Nov 13 14:10:34 CET 2008

Am Mittwoch, 12. November 2008 21:32 schrieb John Nilsson:
> I probably missed the start of this debate but am I correct in
> understanding the dilemma to be how Pirate Parties should handle issues not
> related to the core platform in the EU parliament?

You are right.

> So to bring me up to speed, what has been said about theese allternatives?
>
> A) The party only takes a stance on issues related to the core platform.
> Issues that are outside the scope is up to the individual MEP to decide on
> at their discression. Make sure you vote for the person you belive will
> represent your views.

At least in Germany this is not an option.

> B) The party takes no stance on issues not related to the core platform.
> Instead these issues will be used as leverage when barganing with other MEP
> for votes on issues we DO take a stance on. Basically we'll sell our votes
> with the purpose of succeding with the reforms we prioritize.

I didn't want the PPs vote for another nuclear power plant or another Three
Gorges Dam. You seem to forget that politics souldn't be a number game but
about convincing by arguing. We are not enslaved by democracy but we prevail
by any means necessary.

We as PPDE have decided to expand our platform based on our values which
reveal in our core issues. So we teach what the people should want.

--
regards
Max Moritz Sievers