[pp.int.general] Why Members left

Jens Seipenbusch seipenbusch at web.de
Fri Nov 14 12:59:03 CET 2008

Rickard Olsson schrieb:
> I won't get too heavily involved in the cores/non-cores issue, but I
> want to share a comment from a well-known (in blogging circles anyway)
> liberal who recently joined the Swedish Pirate Party (and I paraphrase):
>
> "Make no mistake, I am still liberal to my core, but these issues are so
> important that I am willing to set all others aside for the moment.
> Furthermore, I believe in them so strongly that I will fight tooth and
> nail if anyone tries to add liberal values to the party program, lest
> that will hinder one single person with a different view from joining."
>
> That is the spirit that keeps our focus pure.
>
> / Richie

thx much for this citation, Richie. I always remind our members to set
priorities, but many (especially but not only) young people are so
excited about being in the pirate party, that they try to improve it
with more ideas on improving the world. While this is perfectly fine in
principle, they sometimes dont see the problem, that other pirates (and
potential pirates and voters) might just disagree on the other ways of
imroving the world and thus their action endangers the success in the
main fields.
I myself have a liberal political stance (or maybe left-liberal as my
friend Christof Leng stated when we founded the party in germany), but i
am firmly defending my priorities and they are similar to the given
citation.

regards,
Jens
--