[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: extra debate round for 1st, 6th & 7th ballots

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 24 15:12:06 CET 2008

Hi -I put all mails in the To:, as they're public (all except Jens', though Jens' is also public for PPI mailing list users; it's required only to check the From: field)-:

As you read in the report I sent to all of you, there are some issues regarding 3 of the 7 ballots:

- 1st ballot registered only 1 vote supporting the original wording; thus, although no amendment reached required supermajority, the thing is that the original wording didn't reach even the veto level (3 or more votes for), so seems clear that nearly nobody supports it; we have 2 amendments, plus the dropped one, to be debated; as with 7th ballot, divided votes may put in danger consenssus

- 6th ballot registered the only amendment reaching the supermajority (7 votes); however, as it didn't reach consenssus -missed one additional cast vote-, ballot was not valid; we may discuss whether to support the amendment anyway or not

- 7th ballot registered a really divided vote, with 3 votes supporting the original wording, 3 votes supporting 17th Amendment and 2 votes supporting 12th amendment -maybe if there were have been a 9th vote, it would have gone to 12th Amendment, thus having a three-side tie xD-; equality before the law is a serious issue, so divided votes may put in danger consenssus -i.e., putting in danger the chance of having most or even all pirate parties supporting the Manifesto-

Prior to this we have to make the orthographic & grammar corrections -we need to set a way to do this, and get some native English-speaking representatives involved-; after the corrections, we should make a deal -an agreement which would give us the Final Draft- with enough time to set internal votings aiming to be ready to sign the Manifesto in Helsinki. We also should have in mind that Christmas comes, and it means 2-3 weeks with some representatives probably missing; we must agree on dates & times for online sessions, in order to solve these pending issues.

One final issue: I send copy of this mail to Enrique Herrera Noya and Dmitriy Kremneff, representatives of Chilean and Russian pirate parties, because we agreed that any pirate party was up to sign the Final Draft -regardless of being or not eligible voters for the amending process-; thus, I think that if debate is going to be held, and if South American, Russian & other pirate parties are going to be invited to sign the Final Draft, they should as well be invited to participate in these extra debates -the more we are, the stronger we become-. Regards,

                                                                Carlos Ayala
                                                                ( Aiarakoa )

                                          Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

P.D.: I've put the general Partia Piratow's mail, because I've experienced some troubles when trying to contact artee at the mail he indicated.