[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: extra debate round for 1st, 6th & 7th ballots

Jens Seipenbusch seipenbusch at web.de
Thu Nov 27 16:18:36 CET 2008

Carlos Ayala schrieb:

>> As you read in the report I sent to all of you, there are some issues
>>
> regarding 3 of the 7 ballots:

we have more issues than that.
If we now have a debate over the mentioned ones, i propose we also
discuss about the 3rd voting (Amendment 13) and the 4th voting (14th
amendment) with equal entitlement.

We also might need to discuss the 5th voting (15th amendment), since we
had a 5:4 voting there and two votes not casted. Additionally this is a
question which might lead to rejection of the whole Manifesto in some
national parties like the german one.

It would be wise, to just do another amendment round to produce a Final
Draft, now we are at it. (in fact i expected such a second amendment
round anyways)
Otherwise i doubt that we can produce a Draft that has chances to get
the intended majorities.

> Prior to this we have to make the orthographic & grammar corrections
-we need to set a way to do this, and get some native English-speaking
representatives involved-; after the corrections, we should make a deal
-an agreement which would give us the Final Draft- with enough time to
set internal votings aiming to be ready to sign the Manifesto in
Helsinki.

thats not feasible. The proper translation and discussion/voting inside
the german party will probably not allow signing the manifesto in
Helsinki on behalf of the german pirates.

regards,
--
Jens Seipenbusch
vice chairman